Got Ideas? How to Turn Your Ideas into Products People Want to Use
This concise, easy-to-read manual will walk you through the steps of creating great apps and other digital products. With an unwavering focus on user experience and a commitment to ongoing iteration, the authors break down all the elements and exercises that go into creating products people won’t just buy, but will love to use.
You’ll learn about:
- The foundation of all great digital products, including finding your vision, mapping your user journey, and always mapping your strategy back to your goals
- How to conduct lean, mean research without a lot of time or money
- Which development methodology will work best for you, your product, and your scaling team
- Why user-centric design is integral to any successful product today
- The secrets to building a small, effective startup team
- How to bring your business model to life and attract the right investors at the right time
With hands-on, tactical instruction, you’ll create the building blocks of a great product, including:
- Your very first proof of concept
- A value proposition you can commit to
- A tangible product workflow
- A feasibility audit
- Iterative prototypes that react to feedback and lessons learned
- Your first pitch deck
Got Ideas? turns dreamers into viable entrepreneurs and good ideas into excellent products with great UX.
(Coming soon, the companion workbook, Got Ideas? Work Them Out Here.)
I’ve always had a passion for solving complex problems, but I’ve never liked to do it the “normal” way. The digital product space is still the Wild West of technology, a place you can imagine an idea, prototype it quickly and cheaply, and bring it to market on your own (or at least with a small, tight team). There’s an ethos you have to follow, sure, but how you do it isn’t as important as that you get it done. I’m a huge advocate for renegade product makers out to change the world.